Tera is not too successful, but quite a beautiful fantasy MMORPG. What sets it apart from most other projects is the NON-Target combat system. The player has to dodge enemy blows and at the same time hit the enemy with his own. Although the game is rather old, the graphics still look attractive. Tera is a classic third-person MMORPG, the action...
TERA - Action MMORPG
- Jul 04, 2021
Tera is not too successful, but quite a beautiful fantasy MMORPG. What sets it apart from most other projects is the NON-Target combat system. The player has to dodge enemy blows and at the same time hit the enemy with his own. Although the game is rather old, the graphics still look attractive.
Tera is a classic third-person MMORPG, the action of which takes place in the fantasy world with its unique history. The game is distributed on a free-to-play model.
It's quite a standard MMORPG game, where there are guilds, alliances, single and cooperative tasks, battles against other players, and much more. The map consists of several locations open for exploration, where there are many settlements, forests, mountains, dungeons, deserts, and some other areas.
A variety of activities can be found everywhere, such as searching for valuable supplies and items, obtaining materials to sell or craft, trading, completing chains of quests, and additional quests. There is also social life in guilds and alliances.
The combat system makes this game stand out among its genre companions. First of all, the battles take place in real-time, the heroes are very agile, and they can even evade attacks.
There are 7 races in the game, and each differs mostly in appearance, but also gives a slight advantage to one over the other. The races represented in the game are:
1. Aman. These are serpent-humans who are distinguished by their distinctive appearance. He gives skill in the form of a teleport to his race's capital, the city of Kayator. He can also short-term damage reduction, and the ability to be paralyzed.
2. Baraka. Gives 100% mana regeneration, but only once every 120 minutes. Also teleports to the Elven city of Allemantea.
3. Elin. Forest fairies have as many as 3 active skills. Momentary teleport to the city of Pora Elin, increased movement speed for 3 minutes, and also removes monster attack, but decreased speed.
4. Castanic. Can run fast for 3 minutes, but is easily knocked down in this mode. Teleports to the city of Caillator.
5. High Elf. Teleports to the city of elves. Also has an active skill in the form of 100% mana regeneration, but only once every 2 hours.
6. Popori. Brutes smaller in size than other races. Appears in Pora-Elinu town, quick step for 3 minutes, and defends against monster attacks for a short time.
7. Human. Classic Human Appearance. Can reduce the chance of being knocked over by 3 minutes in PvP, as well as quickly return to the human capital in the city of Velika.
In addition to race, players can also choose a class for their character. There are 12 types in total and each class is significantly different from the other. It's about a variety of skills, different branches of pumping, the ability to carry a particular weapon, and all have their magic tricks.
The game has guilds and alliances. The first is created by the players and is a kind of clan, where there is a leader and his name, rules, the ability to find partners for raids and travel, and more. Alliances, in turn, are a permanent feature, and players can not create new ones, but only join existing ones.